The most important part of cleaning, other than attention to detail are the supplies used to clean. Having the right supplies for the job can mean time saved or lost and that means money.
A big matter when it comes to cleaning supplies is the quality of them, sometimes paying a little more for a product means you need less of it, and therefore you need to buy it less often.
Working with cleaning experts for years now has given us the ability to get a great understanding of what works and what is needed in the field. Below are a list of the types of items that we think are the most important to have with you on every job and why we think that:
- Vacuum Cleaner: This is a must, trying to complete a job without one will add lots of extra time. With vacuum cleaners if you can get a quality one it will ensure that you don’t need to go over and over in the same spots. We strongly recommend that you get a bagless version. Getting a bagless vacuum will save money over time as you will not need to constantly buy bags.
Other options for the vacuum, try to invest in one that comes with attachments that will allow you to dust high areas or tough to reach areas like between desks or behind a bed. It’s the small details that count and will really help to make a great impression on the client.
- Mop & Bucket: Another must is a good quality mop and an industrial bucket which will make your job easier, this will allow you to cover bigger areas in less time. You should always carry an extra mop head in your car just in case it’s needed.
- Extended duster: Most of our customers require a deep cleaning once a month covering areas that are usually spot cleaned, like light switches, emergency signs, shelves and higher areas in general, this is where your extended duster can save a lot of time.
We highly recommend the duster where the dust gets trapped inside the fabric which avoids for the dust particles to flow all over the space landing in other areas doing the job a little bit more difficult.
- Ladder / step stool: Whether you are doing an office cleaning or a turnover, it’s important you look out for safety measures when it comes to cleaning higher areas. A ladder or a step stool can help you reach those areas safely.
- Microfiber cloth: These types of cloth can be very useful when it comes to cleaning specific areas, you can categorize them by colours to not contaminate areas (blue for washrooms, red for kitchen, green for common areas, etc). They are reusable and super easy to clean.
The ultra thin fibers can fit into the smallest crevices to pick up, dust, grease, etc, making the job faster.
- Floor Cleaner Solutions: It is important you carry different types of floor solution with you, in case you need to clean a wood, concrete or tile floor, in each case you need to have the right product in order to not damage the floors.
- Degreaser: This product is essential when you have to clean a kitchen area, especially for cleanings where it’s needed on the surface of the stove and the range hood. Using the right degreaser will make your job so much easier, no need to damage your shoulder trying to remove the stickiness, just spry the degreaser, let it sit and then easily remove the stains.
- Disinfectant and multi purpose cleaning products: Always carry these products with you. Disinfection is extremely important, especially during these difficult times. Multipurpose products are great to use on different surfaces, just make sure you always read the labels for where it is safe to use.
Overall, as you can see, there are a multitude of reasons to invest in the right materials. As well, all the items that you invest in can be used as a tax write off. If you are interested in how you can do this you can find the link to the Federal Government taxation rules here: https://www.canada.ca/en/revenue-agency/services/tax/businesses/topics/sole-proprietorships-partnerships/business-expenses.html